Kjeldestøl, the name means the pasture (støl) by the water's source or spring (Kjelde), was established sometime between 1600 and 1650. It was used as a summer pasture where the cattle could enjoy the green grass around Kjeldestøl. Between 1875 and 1951 there were seven huts in use from which milkmaids tended a maximum of 60 cows. 1951 marked the last year of dairy farming in the area and the site was subsequently abandoned.
In 2008 restoration work was started with the goal of bringing this beautiful pasture back to its condition circa 1900.
KJELDESTØL - OLD MOUNTAIN DAIRY FARM